Inspired by. . . blue
I haven't posted a recipe in a while.
My sweet mother brought over some blueberry buckle for dessert a couple of days ago.
I thought it would be nice to share some with you.
Mealy Sage – textured with Bonnie's soft light overlay and golden bokeh
And, since my mealy sage was showing so brilliantly blue this morning, I thought I would share it with you, too!
Textured with Klassen's water stained frame
3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup shortening
1/2 cup milk
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups fresh blueberries
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease one 8x8 inch pan.
- Cream together 3/4 cup sugar, shortening, and egg.
- In a separate bowl mix together 2 cups flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir into sugar mixture, alternating with milk. Stir in blueberries. Pour into greased 8x8 inch pan.
- To make topping: Combine 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, cinnamon, and butter. Sprinkle over cake batter.
- Bake at 375 degree F (190 degrees C) for 25-30 minutes.
This recipe makes a nice dessert, or "coffee cake" breakfast pairing.
Bonnie's golden bokeh, difference blend
Have a wonder-filled day,
Sharing inspiration here: